Sunday, May 16, 2010

Moth For Sale!

Hi Guys,
I am selling my moth to get a Laser again so i can sail throughout Uni...
Please forward this onto anyone you know that might be interested in my boat and getting into mothing, it would be greatly appreciated! :

I have a Bladerider X8 in excellent condition for sail, with 3 masts, 4 sails, 2 booms, 3 riggings and extras and spares for everything to keep the boat going for ages!
The boat has been set up and tuned to perfection, with the latest technology including ride height adjuster, carbon fibre North Sails, aluminium and carbon gantry, beach trailer, spliced controls, carbon backstay and forestay. The boat has been maintained very well and raced to its ability, finishing 25th at the Dubai World Championships in a superstar packed fleet!

The boat has been used to train by numerous of the top 10 moth world sailors and I purchased it second hand a year ago from the world no. 7 at that time, Andrew Brown (NZL).

I can provide videos, photos, and absolutely anything on the boat, which is worth in excess of 60,000 dhs with the upgrades added to it, making it the second fastest bladerider in the worlds, according to the moth worlds, and also the second fastest junior sailed boat, likewise at the Moth worlds. I am not going to ask for this amount of money, but im looking more at the 50,000 mark.

The boat has done me very well over the last year and has made me enjoy sailing like never before with many heads turning to check it out, it has taken me from a complete beginner level to finishing in the top 25 at the moth worlds, being an incredible achievement which I always enjoy reflecting back upon!

However as I leave for university, it is time that I sell me boat in order for it not to sit and rot in Dubai, when im stuck in the UK!

Please let me know if you are interested in the boat, I would gladly take you out for a test sail and can deliver it and help rig it and give beginners pointers on how to sail it, gladly!

Give me a shout if your interested!
marcelsailor@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. why don't you just ship it out to the UK? we need more under 50's in the UK fleet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to be doing a laser olympics campaign for the next 5 years, it just gets in the way too much of what i should be concentrating on! but if you find someone interested then please let me know! it would be very helpfull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcel, I wish I finished in 7th place but only just made the top ten in Weymouth. Good luck in the Laser class + Uni, and well done at the Dubai worlds
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete